Friday 22 February 2013

My first time(s)

This is definitely the week of firsts. I gave my first tutorial this week, as an official Human Kinetics and Ergonomics tutor. That was fairly nerve-wracking, but went well, I think. As an introvert, I found it very strange to have fourteen people watching me and hanging on my every word for a whole 45minutes. But it's definitely a position that I think I can grow into, because it is driven by my passion for the subject and for the human body. So that will be able to guide me nicely.

Practice makes perfect from the instructor's bike

On the other hand, however, I took my first Indoor Cycling class today. This will have to take some getting used to. I think I am going to need a lot more practice, so I must definitely get myself some more studio time. I had issues with music (even though I was prepared, you know when you just over-anticipate things... Well, that). As I said, I am an introvert, for the most part, so voice projection was also a bit of an issue. I'll just have to remember to lower the music when I want to talk, until I become one of those intensely energetic and loud spinning instructors.

There were a few other firsts this week, but none quite as substantial as those two. This is going to be a great year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment