Wednesday 1 May 2013

Something I couldn't afford

Is it even worth trying to pay attention?

She lost me when she went back to revise the last lecture. So why should I pay attention to something we've already done (ignoring the fact that I didn't get it then either anyway)?

We finally get to the new content and I swear I will pay attention. I'm sitting there, completely (trying to) focus(ed). She get's herself confused with content that I'm already struggling to keep up with, so I get confused again.

"And that's as simple as it is." Yeah, sure it is...

I get caught up trying to figure it out, and then I realise we've moved on to something new. and I have no idea what's going on. By the time I figure out what it is that's being explained, it's over. The only thing I understand about it is that which I am able to figure out using my English Etymology.

(By the way, how the people came up with these methods for statistical analysis is truly beyond me. I think I can confidently say that they sucked the methods right out of their thumb. Honestly, in what world is it OK to just through in a square root sign, just for gees (fun)?)

Possibly, the issue that I'm facing is that a lot of this is being made more complicated than it actually is. Also, keeping track of these abbreviations she keeps mentioning is difficult. It's been so long since I truly did statistics and learnt Maths, that figuring this out is pretty difficult.

Hashtag-BA-kid-for-life

No comments:

Post a Comment