Sunday 2 June 2013

My current predicament

I love exam time, which I understand not everyone can understand, but each to his own, right? What me and my fellow student colleagues do all have in common is the impending decision time: what are we going to do with the rest of our lives, and are we ready for the big bad world?

I am majoring in three pretty different subjects, because I couldn't decide which path I wanted to follow, not much has changed, but now I actually kind of have to pick a path... Man I hate making big decisions! Faced with so many choices, I keep telling myself that I am lucky to have choices at all. I just have too many options. I also can't choose the one that will make me happiest, the one I really want to do, or the best one, because I know they will all make me happy, or work out really well in the end.

Option 1: Stay at Rhodes next year and do Human Kinetics and Ergonomics Honours (Then possibly option 2 after that, which we can combine into "Option 3")...

Yay, exercise! 
Option 2: Stay at Rhodes next year and do Health Journalism Honours (provided they actually offer it for 2014, which there is rumour that they won't do...)

I took this photo for a health journalism piece last year.
This is also the studio where I instruct indoor cycling,
which is something I am loving doing.
Option 4: Go back home <3 study Sports Science or Biokinetics at Tuks or at UJ (provided I get accepted...) (this is a bunch of options in one. I miss home so much, I am truly torn as to whether I should go back or not...

Some of my favourite people that I miss terribly in Jozi

An old photo but probably the early days of one of my
closest friendships. I miss this girl so much! 
Option 5: Move to England

One of the streets leading away from Buckingham
Palace. I'm pretty British, I look forward to a
bustling London lifestyle
Problem: I miss home, I have jobs and independence in Grahamstown, I don't know what I want to do with my life.

So I have to make some of these choices soon, so that I can start applying for them and applying for "funding", which will be a challenge as well, people haven't been too clear on the process, so amid my exam prep I have to look into it perhaps.

In the meantime, if I do apply for Honours (which I will do "just in case" I do decide it's what I want to do), I need to have the marks earning me a position, which will be these marks from these exams now...  You could say I'm a little stressed right now, or you could understand by the fact that I'm eating 3x my "daily calorie allowance", which is steadily pushing "looking good"for my 21st in 5 weeks out of the equation...

No comments:

Post a Comment